1. Explain to your team the rules for a safe space
- Every opinion is valid
- It’s not personal. Focus on facts, not blaming someone.
- Open-minded listening to detect opportunities
2. Choose the questions template for a better perspective
- Quick retrospectives define the team’s key focuses of attention
- Mad, Sad, Glad format to understand your team’s emotional health and consider changes
- Start, Stop, Continue template to focus the team on new habits by defining what to do or don’t
- Sailboat framework helps to define the vision for the team and anticipate problems ahead
- The 4 L’s look at the current situation from a factual perspective
3. Schedule action items with owners and follow-up dates
They will help as calendar remainders and keep track on people and tasks progress.